Nathan Morcom has fought against brake issues and car pile ups at Round 4 of the Super2 Series at the Townsville 400.
- Nathan finished Practice 2 in P11.
- Nathan’s best result of the weekend was P16.
PHILLIP ISLAND RECAP
Race 1 – Position 16
After finishing Practice with a best Result of P11, a rear suspension bar broke and in the short 15 minute session the team was unable to change it, and Morcom finished P20.
Morcom was able to climb a series of places in the Race and had some tight battles throughout.
Morcom finished P16 in the Race and was looking forward to the final Race on Sunday.
Race 4 – Position DNF
A second Qualifying session on Sunday gave Morcom the chance to reset his grid position, but unfortunately struggles with his brakes saw him start Race 2 in P21.
Morcom had a great start to the race, and picked off several positions in the opening laps and reached P15.
Unfortunately Morcom was caught up in a Pile Up on Turn 3 in the mid-point of the Race, and was hit from both the back and front.
The clash suspended the Race and Morcom’s Car was towed from the track causing a DNF Result.
“I HAD GOOD START ON SUNDAY AND WAS MOVING FORWARD PLACE BY PLACE UP TO 15TH BEFORE I GOT TANGLED UP IN SOMEONE ELSE’S ACCIDENT, UNFORTUNATELY NOW WE HAVE A HEAVILY DAMAGED CAR AND WILL NEED TO WORK HARD TO FIX IT.”
Morcom’s next Round of the Super2 Series will be at the Sydney SuperSprint on August 18-20, with all Races to be televised LIVE on Fox Sports.
DRIVER CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS
- 1st – Todd Hazelwood – Bigmate Racing: 1079 points
- 2nd – Paul Dumbrell – Eggleston Motorsport: 1010 points
- 3rd – Jack Le Brocq – Go Getta Racing: 908 points
- 4th – Anton De Pasquale – Paul Morris Motorsport: 761 points
- 5th – Shae Davies – Loco Energy: 750 points
- 13th – Nathan Morcom – Eggleston Motorsport: 472 points